SECURITY AND PRIVACY
We offer fully secure online transactions, so you can shop whenever you want from home or work. In order to shop securely online using the Netscape Secure Server, you will need to use a modern browser which supports SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). All payments are totally secure and all purchases are covered by a no-nonsense refund and exchange policy.
PROTECTING YOUR SECURITY
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the EC Data Protection Directive 95/96/EC.
You agree that we may use Personal information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti fraud checks. Personal Information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information.
We will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE HOLD AND HOW DO WE OBTAIN IT?
Generally we receive information directly from you when you place an order with us to buy our goods. Such information includes your name, address, telephone number and credit card details. You may also provide your email address if you sign up to be notified from time to time about our future goods and services.
For our customers’ protection, we always check a certain percentage of our orders at random to confirm the details of the order match those of the cardholder on file. For this reason, we may ask you for some additional information. This would be a copy of the front and back of the card used to make the purchase, or a copy of a photo ID such as a valid drivers license or passport. We will also require some proof of address along with the copy of the photo ID.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use your information for a number of purposes including: – to perform our contractual obligations to you and to ensure that goods are supplied to you as efficiently as possible – for other non-contractual reasons.
SUPPLYING GOODS TO YOU
We may use your information:
- To identify and maintain records of your purchases with us
- To ensure that the goods and services we offer to you are appropriate for your needs
- To respond to any query you may raise with us about our goods
- To update our systems for providing you with an enhanced service
- Other purposes
- We will also use information about you for purposes upon which the provision of our goods and services are not necessarily dependent.
OUR RIGHT TO NOT ACCEPT YOUR ORDER OR CANCEL YOUR PURCHASE
We reserve the right to refuse any order for whatever reason. We also reserve the right to cancel any purchase (an order already accepted by us) in (amongst others) the following situations, without being liable for any damage or costs:
- the product is not available / in stock (any payments will be refunded);
- your billing information is not correct or not verifiable;
- your order is flagged up by our security systems as an unusual order or an order
- susceptible to fraud;
- your bank transfer payment is not received within 12 calendar days after acceptance
- of your order;
- we have reason to believe you are under 16;
- we have reason to believe that you are a reseller;
- there was an error in the price quote;
- we could not deliver to the address provided by you.
- Disclose information about you to third party agencies for credit checking purposes (which information may be shared with other organisations for the same purpose)
- Use information about you to inform you (by post email or telephone) about other services we offer or which are offered by other companies within our group or any of the other companies with which we work
- Use information about your account with us for our internal customer service monitoring and training purposes
- Transfers overseas
Please note that disclosures we may make may take place via electronic means and may involve the transfer of personal data relating to you to countries outside the European economic area, which countries do not have in place adequate rules relating to data protection and privacy of personal data.
SALE OF OUR BUSINESS
You acknowledge that data you provide to us may be transferred to any person, firm or company to whom we sell the whole or a substantial part of our business or to whom we transfer any of our rights or obligations under a contract with you.
TAKING CARE OF YOUR DATA
We will endeavour to keep any information, which we hold, about you up to date and accurate. To help us to do this, please keep us informed if any of your details change.
We will endeavour to protect your data against unauthorised access.
If you have any questions regarding security and privacy, do not hesitate to contact us.